Student ID Cards
All Otago Polytechnic students are entitled to a OPSA/OP Student ID Card.
Student ID Cards
All Otago Polytechnic students are entitled to a OPSA/OP student services ID card. These are processed at the OPSA office (Mason Centre / HUB). "first time" students may be required to supply photo ID More information.
Use your student services ID card to access UNIPOL, Clubs & Socs, Student Job Search, the Robertson Library, OP computers and to obtain student discounts and much more…
In some instances, students on short or on-line courses may be issued with an ACCESS card, which is your photo ID and library access - these are issued if a student has NOT been charged the Student Services fee at enrolment.
Most students are entitled to the Student Services ID Card, this will you will give you access to the following services:
- Robertson Library
- OP Support Services & facilities
- UNIPOL Gym & Sports Centre
- Student Job Search
- International Student Identity Card
- Student Discounts
- Clubs & Societies Centre
- Door access to Computer Suites
- Printing & photocopy Photocopying credit can be loaded on to your card at the Library. Printing credit loaded at the IT desk upstairs in the Manaaki Bldg, or Customer Services in F-Block.
- Student Health & Counselling The Student Health Centre is located on Harbour Terrace, M Block, Dunedin campus. It provides the same services offered by your family doctor. It also promotes health education, and offers health screening tests, nutrition advice, vaccinations and some minor surgery options. The cost is $15 or free if you have a current Community Services card. Call (03) 479 6082.
Student Access ID Card
Students who are not charged the OP’s Student Services fee will be issued with a Student Access Card, which will be your library, door access card and ID card. Students are able to pay a levy and upgrade to include access to UNIPOL and OPSA Student Services.
Where can I get my Student ID Card from?
Simply visiting the OPSA office located the Mason Centre / Hub. The office is open from 9am till 4pm Mondays to Thursdays & 9am till 3pm on Fridays during term time. Hours may vary during vacations
What do I need to bring?
New Students - bring any form of photo identification such as a passport or drivers licence.
Returning Students - if possible please bring your old student ID card.
Distance Students - contact IDcards@op.ac.nz with your details. We will need to know your full name & date of birth. As well as your course & the postal address you would like the card to be sent to. Please include a digital copy of a passport style photo as an attachment to your email.
If you’re having trouble with your ID or would like to arrange a time to process your card please contact OPSA.
Note: Students studying away from the Dunedin campus are not be charged for portions of services that they can not access. ID cards remain the property of OPSA, who reserve the right to confiscate ID cards in the event of misuse and must be returned if a student withdraws.